Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mid Term Research Paper

I am writing my paper on how today's society is obsesses with only buying name brand items to the point that people will steal, hurt others or even kill others just to get stuff. Where before this class I never thought of how the advertising is making us want to buy name brand items so that you are cooler to let others know that you have money. I know I'm guilty I only buy name brand clothes and stuff but now after this class I have a different outlook on it all. It seam like they companies are trying to sell us a fake lifestyle and we will be so happy with all of our name brand items.

I also will take about how they target younger kids to make their parents spend money on items. I know when I was younger it was never as bad as it now when I look at my younger sister its crazy how different she is growing up that what I did and I'm only 8 year older than her. Everything to her is all about looks and what her and her friends have and if they don't fit in to the looking "Cool" and having what is "Cool" they wont talk to those other kids. I think the advertising industry is making her generation really shallow minded. That's all they think about is name brand stuff and at the end of the day its still just stuff it doesn't make you who you are and they are going to find that out soon.

I plan on getting my research from the Internet through the Wayne State library or googling name brands. Hopefully I can find some really good articles to back my ideas up. I also plan on using some points from the Naomi Klein "No Logo" book and maybe the movie "The Corporation". So that way I have a couple different type of sources to use and or different points of views. Then I also plan on using a paragraph to talk about what I think about the whole name brand society that we have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment